Re: System hangs using audit-0.9.9 (and few versions before)

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 12:20, Linda Knippers wrote:
> I've upgrade to the 0.9.11 audit tools and have the same problem.
> Its very repeatable.

I see one obvious thing. The kernel code has changed the way that it handles
strings from user space regarding watches. User space does not NUL terminate
strings, it passes the length. The kernel needs to ensure that NUL terminated
strings are used for operations like strcmp.

We should go back to the way that it used to be done. User space hasn't
changed how it passes strings since we agreed on the interface. The kernel
changed.