Re: [patch] Syscall auditing - move "name=" field to the end

--- David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:

> A string in quotes isn't sufficient -- a file name
> can contain quotes as
> well as carriage returns. The only safe option is
> hex -- it's just a
> question of whether it's "string or fall back to hex
> if dangerous" or
> whether it's "just hex".

Another alternative is the old "\ddd" notation.
It's not nice, but it is much better than dumping
path names in hex. I know that an entire generation
would have to learn octal, but if the Unix crowd
could deal with hex and octal I expect the Linux
community could too.

Casey Schaufler
casey schaufler-ca com