Re: [patch] Syscall auditing - move "name=" field to the end

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:56 -0800, Casey Schaufler wrote:
> Another alternative is the old "\ddd" notation.
> It's not nice, but it is much better than dumping
> path names in hex.

When we're speaking of making the kernel render it that way, I disagree.
We really don't want to get into that kind of text processing. In the
common case where it's safe, let's dump it as text. In the rare case
that it contains dubious characters, dump it as hex.

--
dwmw2