audit.49 kernel

Timothy R. Chavez tinytim at us.ibm.com
Wed May 25 19:42:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:39, Timothy R. Chavez wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:33, Timothy R. Chavez wrote:
> > >
> > > Try this script with audit-0.9:
> > >
> > > #!/bin/bash
> > > while [ 1 ] ;
> > > do
> > >         echo "Inserting..."
> > >         auditctl -w /etc/passwd -k fk_passwd -p rwea
> > >         auditctl -w /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket -k dbus-test -p rwea
> > >         echo "Deleting..."
> > >         auditctl -D
> > > done
> >
> > Just a quick update.  I've let this run for 5 minutes on x86_64 (UP) using
> > audit-0.9
>
> Without problems, I should mention.
>
> -tim

*cough*

        hlist_for_each_entry_safe(entry, pos, tmp, &skb_list, list) {
                audit_send_reply(pid, seq, AUDIT_WATCH_LIST, 0, 1,
                                 entry->memblk, entry->size);
---------------> ?????
                kfree(entry->memblk);
                kfree(entry);
        }

        audit_send_reply(pid, seq, AUDIT_WATCH_LIST, 1, 1, NULL, 0);
        goto audit_list_watches_exit;

audit_list_watches_fail:
        hlist_for_each_entry_safe(entry, pos, tmp, &skb_list, list) {
                kfree(entry->memblk);
                kfree(entry);
        }
audit_list_watches_exit:
        return ret;
}

Maybe I should be _deleting_ the hlist entries before I free the memory ;-)

*cough*

-tim