Linux-audit Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Tue Dec 12 02:16:08 UTC 2006

Steve, thank you very much for your in depth reply to my very lengthy email..  I have about a gazillion years of sysadmin experience on various Unix platforms (Solaris, HP-UX, Mac OSX, Irix), but linux is very different with respect to tracking kernel revisions for various flavors, figuring out what can be used with what, etc.  It's quite confusing, and even though I just got back from a week long class (a SuSE class specifically for SGI Altix systems), there are many questions left unanswered.  Your help is **most **appreciated.

THanks again,

Karen Wieprecht