Linux audit for Debian

Michael Fecina fecina at psu.edu
Tue Feb 21 18:44:02 UTC 2006

All,

I've been on this list for quite some time trying to keep track of an
'inherent' (kernel based) auditing capability to meet NISPOM requirements.
It seems you guys are there (and have been) for a while.

I understand that the distribution used is Redhat, and given this Debian
topic, I'd like to ask what the major changes would be to make this
available in Debian.  A kernel patch, some header changes, and the client
(user-space) tools?  Am I missing anything big?

Thanks,
Mike