Re. 2.6.15-mm1

Etienne Lorrain etienne_lorrain at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 10 23:10:52 UTC 2006

--- David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 00:22 +0100, Etienne Lorrain wrote:
> > --- David Woodhouse wrote:
> > > What if you don't enable auditing?
> >
> >  I have edited /etc/selinux/config and replaced SELINUX=permissive
> > by SELINUX=disabled (still speaking of RedHat FC4).
> >  Do you have another test (please be more verbose, I do not know
> > auditing).
>
> I didn't mean selinux -- I meant the auditing code, which is mostly
> separate. It's just that selinux happens to use the auditing code for
> recording denials.

 Ok, did "rpm -e audit" (when I put back SELINUX=permissive I had to
wait for a re-index of the EXT3 filesystem and since lost the sound
mixer but doesn't matter).

> > # CONFIG_SLAB is not set
> > CONFIG_SLOB=y
>
> Please try with SLAB, and CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB.

$ grep SLAB linux-2.6.15-mm2/.config
CONFIG_SLAB=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
$ grep SLOB linux-2.6.15-mm2/.config
# CONFIG_SLOB is not set
$ make /boot/linux-2.6.15-mm2-slab.kgz modules modules_install

--> try booting, failed not arriving to a mounted filesystem.
$ cd gujin && make proper dep /dev/fd0.com2
--> Put the floppy in the failling PC, get another PC on the other
side of the twisted serial cable and a terminal at 9600 bauds,
log file named "serial_mm2.txt" attached.

 Running right now on 2.6.15 so attach dmesg-2.6.15 too.

 Does it give you more information?
 I am sorry I no more have a proper LILO or Grub around...
 Etienne.