Re: audit-1.1.3 and SuSE 10.0 (with FC4 kernel)

On 1/25/06, Robert Giles <rgiles arlut utexas edu> wrote:
>  comp.os.linux.suse is full of LAuS questions, but nothing
> pertaining to the built-in kernel auditing that y'all are working on).

LAuS (Linux Audit Subsystem) is an entirely different in-kernel
auditing system co-developed between primarily SuSE and IBM.  Although
it did ship in t never made it into the upstream kernel due to a few
hurdles that were not cleared.

LAF (Linux Audit Framework) is the focus of this list.  It is in the
upstream kernel and it's the audit system used in RHEL/FC kernels.
This list is where we're discussing both the userspace and kernelspace
aspects of current audit enhancements prior to submitting those
upstream.

:-Dustin