Adding rules

Steve m6x at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 7 18:30:03 UTC 2006

I am attempting to create a c program that can add rules to the audit
sub-system and monitor the resulting events.  I have read through the
code in libaudit.h, audit.h, audit.c, and auditsc.c as well as several
man pages pertaining to audit and extended searching of the web.

I am trying to add a rule using audit_add_rule() so audit will "watch" a
file.  The first problem is that there doesn't seem to be an appropriate
field under the "Rule Fields" section of audit.h.  The second is that
the value must be an integer...

I have succeeded in adding the rule from the command-line using auditctl.

I would appreciate any help you can offer,
Steve

I am using: audit-1.2.3-1 and glibc-kernheaders-3.0-37