Re: File watches supported in Audit 1.1.5 on Fedora Core 5?

Steve wrote:
install a lspp kernel and build a 1.2.x audit package for fc5. You should be set.

This may be of use, I installed the lspp kernel and had to do the following to get audit installed on FC5...

Download the latest unifdef, glibc-kernheaders, and audit from: http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/core/development/source/SRPMS/

 # rpmbuild --rebuild unifdef-*.src.rpm
 # cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS
 # rpm -ivh unidef*
 # cd -
 # rpmbuild --rebuild glibc-kernheaders-*.src.rpm
 # cd -
 # rpm -Uvh glibc-kernheaders*
 # cd -
 # rpmbuild --rebuild audit-*.src.rpm
 # cd -
 # rpm -Uvh audit*

Steve

You can also install audit from rawhide, or "fedora-development.repo". This is a bit easier and has worked for me with minimal effort :) Just enable fedora-development.repo and yum install audit.

Mike