Audit Parsing Library Requirements

John D. Ramsdell ramsdell at mitre.org
Wed Mar 15 15:12:00 UTC 2006

ramsdell at mitre.org (John D. Ramsdell) writes:

> I'd like to suggest a convention for representing name/value pairs
> made available through the parsing library.

Alternatively, the quoting convention described previously could be
used only for ausearch text output, and users of the parsing library
should be prepared to handle arbitrary character data.  That way the
application would choose the quoting convention when and if it
serialized values.  In this case, we should remove the restriction
that the values returned by the library contain only US-ASCII
characters.

John