Re: Audit Parsing Library Requirements

ramsdell mitre org (John D. Ramsdell) writes:

> I'd like to suggest a convention for representing name/value pairs
> made available through the parsing library.

Alternatively, the quoting convention described previously could be
used only for ausearch text output, and users of the parsing library
should be prepared to handle arbitrary character data.  That way the
application would choose the quoting convention when and if it
serialized values.  In this case, we should remove the restriction
that the values returned by the library contain only US-ASCII
characters.

John