Re: [patch] fix syscall speedup patch mips typo

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 15:04, Linda Knippers wrote:
> Considering all the information that's duplicated, it seems like a
> pretty heavyweight way to get the auid,

Linda, this is not heavyweight. This is providing as much information as is
available to keep the record as close as possible to what we had before.

> and going back to Jason's original mail, this doesn't seem to be the reason
> it was added.

Linda, regardless of what the email says, that was the reason. I was there. :)

> I can understand wanting to optimize the code when there are no audit
> rules (although one could optimize it by disabling audit)

No because then you lose the avc messages going to the audit system.