Replacement of IPC char* context to sid for improved performance

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:45:12 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:01:56 CST, Dustin Kirkland said:
> >       - Finally a careful look that audit_free_aux() is accurately cleaning
> > up the memory.
>
> Ahh... something else for me to break this weekend. :)

Valdis-

Notice that my latest patch actually eliminates the ctx string as part
of the aux structure, and now a u32 osid is stored until it's time to
write out the record.

I'm sorry it's a little confusing in that my two patches are touching
the same code in many cases.  But conceptually, they're handling two
different things.  If anyone for that matter would prefer one patch
that cleans up both at the same time, I'll create that diff.  (But
I've been slapped before for trying to do multiple different things in
one patch).

;-Dustin