porting test suite ( testing audit system ) from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4

Upadhyay, Vikas Vikas.Upadhyay at in.unisys.com
Wed May 24 14:18:46 UTC 2006

linux_security_test_suite_EAL3.tar.gz
> > (available from http://ltp.sourceforge.net/EAL3.RHEL.html) from RHEL
3
> > to RHEL 4. The major issue is porting of *laus_test* directory,
which
> > tests the underlying audit system and the audit system has undergone
> > substantial change from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4.
> >
> > I plan to change the directory *laus_test*, which tests *LAuS* on
*RHEL
> > 3* to something like, *audit_test*, which will test the current
audit
> > system (on *RHEL 4*). And for that, I need to change each and every
> > single file in the directory *laus_test*. I am unable to find any
> > detailed document on the new audit system.
> >
> > Any pointers will be really appreciated.
>
> You probably want to check out our audit-test package.  We recently
got
> it added to sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/audit-test
>
> HP hasn't had much time to work on it as we're getting ready for the
> next evaluation, but it will be a better starting point.  Maybe if we
> get some more people using it (and sending patches) we'll be able to
> justify spending more time on it.
>
> -matt

Hi Matt,
Looking at the TODO file in the test sub suite (audit-test, available at
the mentioned URL) & your mail, it seems that the audit-test sub suite
is not just a simple replacement of laus_test (available in the older
test suite, meant for RHEL 3). So, for having a complete compliance with
CAPP, do I need to make further changes or they are just enhancements
(to do away with manual testing)?
As such, it compiled cleanly & a few test cases failed, I guess because
of not having the system configured in proper way.

Regards
Vikas