audit 1.0.15 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 22:01:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  The srpm is aimed at FC-4. A
slightly different srpm is required for RHEL4.
The Changelog is:

- Correct address resolving of hostname in logging functions
- Fix logging messages to use addr if passed
- Add TRUSTED_APP message type
- Fix netlink errno return
- Auditd ignore most signals
- Add audit dispatcher interface to auditd
- In auditd if num_logs is zero, don't rotate on SIGUSR1 (#208834)
- Cleanup file descriptor handling in auditd
- Improve time handling in ausearch and aureport (#191394)
- Attempt to reconstruct full path from relative for searching
- Ausearch & aureport now fail if no args to -te
- In aureport, add class between syscall and permission in avc report
- Fix bug where fsync is called in debug mode
- ausearch & aureport implement uid/gid caching
- In ausearch & aureport, extract addr when hostname is unknown
- In ausearch & aureport, test audit log presence O_RDONLY
- Updated man pages (#213328, #213330)

Please let me if there are any issues with this.