Re: file watch and stat

Amy Griffis wrote:
Michael C Thompson wrote:  [Mon Oct 02 2006, 03:16:19PM EDT]
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out why having a watch a on file is not generating a record when I stat said file.

Put a watch on a file, and do stat file.

No record... I'm not sure why this is happening, isn't getting such information considered security relevant?

What is your audit rule?

auditctl -w /path/to/file

Mike