(no subject)

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 13:46:07 UTC 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 20:24, paul moore wrote:
> A) sometimes as root I echo to /proc/self/loginuid and it is ignored. Why?

Show me an example.

> There is no error message

Not sure if '>' outputs error messages.

> B) always if I echo to /proc... as non root it is ignored (as it should be)
> but no message is generated; shouldn't it say EPERM?

Not sure the '>' outputs errors. You could strace it and see that the errno
was returned and the shell did nothing with it.

> C) I put pam_loginuid in my gdm pam config but my xterm windows still have
> -1 in loginuid (I have rebooted)

How are you starting your xterm windows? If I use gnome terminal all is well.
Even if I start an xterm window from it everything is still OK.