Using Linux Audit to Audit / Log All Oracle Related Activity

Mathew Brown mathewbrown at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 22 15:06:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:36:39 -0500, "Steve Grubb" <sgrubb at redhat.com>
said:
> On Monday 17 December 2007 08:21:18 Mathew Brown wrote:
> > I was wondering if the Linux Audit Daemon could be used to address the
> >   issue of Oracle auditing.  Has anyone investigated this possibility?
>
> What would you like to know about Oracle?

Hi Steve,
  Thanks for your reply.  What I was interested in is auditing all
  queries and modifications to the database.  I'm looking at it from a
  compliance perspective (and trying to minimize the power of the sysdba
  account).  I've looked at alternative solutions such as the Oracle
  Vault which enables logging but it's too CPU intensive.  I thought
  that the Linux audit daemon might provide me with similar
  functionality but have the added benefit of not requiring writes
  locally (send to remove syslog for example).

--
  Mathew Brown
  mathewbrown at fastmail.fm

                          unladen european swallow