SELinux for auditing

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Feb 2 12:37:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 09:59 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Also, he mentioned RHEL 4 as his platform, so I would tend to think that
> his kernel and auditctl wouldn't support this anyway.  So he may be
> limited to using auditallow statements in policy, which is certainly
> legitimate use of them (although I understand your goal of centralizing
> audit configuration).

It is for RHEL 4, so the above won't work. How much of the functionality
is in userspace, and how much requires extra kernel bits? In short, can
I recompile the RHEL5 auditd for RHEL4 and expect to get additional
functionality?

Matt
--
Red Hat, Global Professional Services

M:       +44 (0)7977 267231
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490