RHELU4 versus RHELU5

Kirkwood, David A. DAVID.A.KIRKWOOD at saic.com
Thu Feb 8 17:06:17 UTC 2007

I was referring to the differences between RHEL update 4 and RHEL update
5 but the question is probably better posed as: Is the auditing used in
RHEL4 update 4 a dead end with respect to either RHEL4 update 5 or
RHEL5? The reason for the question is that I need to write some scripts
or graphical programs to tie some of the pieces together to construct
meaningful auditablity for disjoint items. If I have to do this all over
again, are the items going to be the same or completely different or
somewhat the same? I can use the system as it is now, but I would have
to run many ausearches and / or aureports with different parameters to
get the information I want. When I need to look at 10's of systems, it
is much easier to consolidate everything into a combined output and view
the whole thing. But if the auditing is going to change, I will delay
this part and put up with doing the systems individually until things
are stable. I'm not being a critic, just trying to allocate my time
efficiently.

Thanks,

David A. Kirkwood