RE: Decoding arguments passed to system calls

Not sure how Linux handles this, but on Irix, when I accidentally tried
to audit one of the "write"  audit record types,  it would crash the
machine.  If I still understand this correctly (it's been a few years),
the record I had selected for audit generated/collected an audit record
every time ANYTHING got written to, including terminal devices, not just
when you issued a "save" on a file,  so every character that I typed
created an audit record.  It was very ugly,  and definitely not what I
wanted (and definitely not anything anyone was requiring me to collect).

Food For thought,

Karen Wieprecht