Re: "denied" error message

Bill Tangren wrote:
I have the following error message showing up in my audit logs. This is on an SELinux-enabled web server (running RHEL ES 4, fully patched). This is actually an selinux error, so if this not the correct place to ask this question, please let me know.

Never mind. I got at least a partial answer by googling NSA's selinux mailing list archive. I quote from one of those pages:

"Typically, that audit message suggests that kernel is translating PROT_READ requests by that binary to PROT_READ|PROT_EXECUTE in order to provide compatibility with "legacy" binaries that presumed read-implies-exec logic."

This is an old program that is calling shared libraries. It isn't hurting the program, but it is filling up my audit logs. I guess I'll leave it alone.

Thanks anyway.