Re: setting up auditd

On 3/6/07, geckiv <geckiv optonline net> wrote:
Well I have a few problems and I can't find any good references on the
net on how to do this.  I have a RH Rel 4 system and it does not seem to
be setup to run auditd (ok rpm reveals audit-0.5-1. but config file and
device files non existent).  And once i have that running I want to be
able to have my own application write to the auditd .  I understand
audit-libs is required for that but have been unable to find it nor a
procedure on how ot use it.  I found some tid bits but they seem Rel 3
related.

If you have audit-0.5 on the system.. it is probably not updated in a
long time. Getting the system updated via RHN is your first step.
After that.. getting it configured with audit is a later concern.