Identifying writes to NFS

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Thu May 31 09:34:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 13:56 -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:35:28PM +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> > I'd like to be able to reliably recognise a PATH record which refers to
> > an NFS mount. It seems that dev=00:xx would be related to the answer.
> > However, each mount seems to have its own value of xx, and other mounts
> > not backed by a block device, eg /proc and /dev, also have dev=00:xx.
> >
> > The answer can't be related to a single system, as the solution has to
> > be rolled out across a large estate with a variety of nfs mounts on
> > particular servers.
> >
> > Any ideas? Thanks,
>
> man statfs, look at f_type field there.

Looking at this again, this field doesn't appear to be in the audit
data. Am I missing it? It's not possible to invoke statfs to determine
this information as the system receiving the data is remote.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS
Red Hat, Global Professional Services

M:       +44 (0)7977 267231
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490