Kernel audit output is inconsistent, hard to parse

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 16:39:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 10:34 -0500, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 January 2008 9:21:34 am Steve Grubb wrote:

> > This is what we've done with user space. As for the kernel, essentially
> > there is no maintainer or anyone interested in doing audit work. I pretty
> > much have to force people to touch it. So, good luck getting kernel work
> > done.
>
> I thought you/Eric/Al were the maintainer(s)?  No?  Okay, fine.

Depends what the work is.  I've been paying close attention and fixing
problems that creep up around audit even if a bit slow getting those
pushed to linus sometimes.  We've got a lot of changes/fixes going into
the new tree.  Do I regularly just rewrite stuff to make it
pretty/better?  No.  Lately its been all bug fix, no general 'make me
better' work.

And although interesting, this isn't 'broken', so it is the number one
thing on my infinitely long list of stuff to look at...

-Eric