openssh logout not being audited on fc5

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 20:34:23 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 15:20:23 Wieprecht, Karen M. wrote:
> Unfortunately, ssh logout isn't showing up in my audit logs, and although I
> have an idea why, I can't seem to find what I think I need ...  The system I
> am building has the following:

FC-5 is so long ago that I don't remember the problem. The audit packages are
sort of tuned to go with the kernel of that era, so I don't know if you can
take the audit package from FC-6 and use it on FC-5. But as for openssh, you
can possibly try the FC-6 package here:

http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/SRPMS/openssh-4.3p2-25.fc6.src.rpm

> OS                    = FC5
> audit subsystem = 1.3-2
> openssh             = 4.3p2-4.12
> kernel                 = 2.6.20-1.2320-fc5

I believe this should have worked. Anyways maybe the newer openssh package
does it.