openssh logout not being audited on fc5

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Thu Nov 6 20:00:00 UTC 2008

OK, I got ssh logout working.   The pam_close_session patch tip was the piece I needed, thanks.

I found some good instructions on how to patch and rebuild an rpm package since I've never done that before (http://bradthemad.org/tech/notes/patching_rpms.php). I downloaded both the latest archived openssh src.rpms  for fc5 (4.3p2-4.12)  and fc6 (4.3p2-25) and compared the .patch files and the .spec files.   I tried to rebuild the fc5 package with all of the additional .patch files that the fc6 version used, but at least one of them was causing the compile to fail.  Rather than try to figure out which one was causing the problem,  I simplified the specs to just what  I thought I needed to get the auditing of ssh logout working.    I was successful in getting openssh 4.3p2-4.12 to compile with its standard patches plus the pam-session patch from the 4.3p2-25 src.rpm.   I then replaced the default 4.3p2-4.12 packages with my patched ones, and ssh logouts are  now successfully being audited.

Thanks all,  you've been a big help.

Karen Wieprecht