Re: audit collector startup help

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:11 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Hmmm.... well, one option is to put a perror() after the bind() call
> in src/auditd-listen.c and run auditd in the foreground (./auditd -f)
> to see *why* it's failing.

Good suggestion...I did that and now the one I built doesn't fail.
Then I stopped the daemon, replaced the original one, restarted the
daemon. It works also!

Only thing I did in between was load about 100 packages needed for the
rebuild. Is there any chance that one of these had some necessary magic
I was missing?

Thx,
LCB.

--