audit collector startup help

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Sat Sep 13 00:04:41 UTC 2008

> After looking at this I had a hunch - the collector machine is 32-bit,
> the sender 64-bit.

And the magic number has the high bit set.  I wonder if there's a sign
extension in there somewhere?

Can you try between two 32 bit hosts?

> I assume that all events on the sender make it to the collector. Is this
> true always?

I didn't add any filters - anything that makes it to audisp-remote
eventually gets queued in the server's event queue.

> But I cannot see this event on the collector.

All remote messages will have "node=" in them somewhere.  Can you grep
for that manually in your server's audit logs?  I wonder if ausearch
is skipping them.