audit 1.7.13 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 20:01:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in rawhide
soon. The Changelog is:

- Disable libev asserts unless --with-debug passed to configure
- Handle kernel 2.6.29's audit = 0 boot parameter better
- Install audit.py file in arch specific python directory (Dan Walsh)
- Fix problem with negative uids in audit rules on 32 bit systems
- When file type is unknown, output octal for mode field (Miloslav Trmač)
- Update tty keystroke interpretations (Miloslav Trmač)

The first item reduces the size of the audit daemon. libev seems to be working
pretty good so no need to keep its debug info anymore. The second item
addresses a problem when the kernel is booted without the audit subsystem
compiled in, but yet they try to run the audit daemon. The failure was that it
hung the initscripts since the problem was prefork.

Dan Walsh also found that the python libs were landing in the wrong place
after 1.7.12's fix for the newest swig. Also, 32 bit system were having
problems with auid=-1 not being the right value. And we updated some of the
tty keystroke mappings to be more user friendly.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.