Audit Prelude Logout Tracking

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Thu Feb 19 14:45:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 09:26 -0500, Dan Gruhn wrote:

> LC Bruzenak wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 16:44 -0600, LC Bruzenak wrote:
> >
> LCB,
>
> Thanks for the tip on the hostname/addr info is only for remote access
> information.
>
>  Although this seemed like the right place to look, I don't see
> USER_LOGOUT events in my audit logs, this is why I mentioned the
> USER_END events.  Do you remember USER_LOGOUT working back when you
> tried before?

I thought that is what I saw previously, but it isn't there now.
Only login/logout on the console gives these messages.
I need to go back through some old email - I thought Steve patched this
a while back.

> I am interested in the patches that you make to audisp-prelude.c.  Do
> you think they might be useful to me in my NISPOM quest?  If so, are
> they patches from 1.7.11 and could you send me a copy?

I'll gladly send you a copy off-list - the changes are specific to what
I'm doing. Basically I had to sub-format the user text in order to key
off what I wanted to send to prelude.

You may need to incorporate something similar...unless of course between
us we can provide a non-intrusive patch Steve would accept which would
accommodate user-designated IDS events! :)

LCB.

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak
lenny at magitekltd.com