space_left_action

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Thu Jul 30 20:13:54 UTC 2009

Good news: When I set the space_left_action to syslog and crossed the
boundary, I got a syslog message on the next audit event. Subsequent
events did not generate any further syslog messages.

Then I freed up disk space, sent in a few events for good measure
(thinking it would reset the flag) and once again filled the disk past
the threshold.
Bad news: I didn't get the message again.

Should this behavior have happened as I expected and another log message
get into the messages log? Or as coded would the auditd need restart?

Thx,
LCB.

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak