Re: audit-viewer

Mirek,

Thanks for this. I was finally able to get back to this project and have been able to compile everything to get audit-viewer running.

I am getting this error when audit viewer starts:

# audit-viewer
Error reading audit events: No such file or directory.

Thinking that perhaps something is pointing to the wrong files, I attempted to use Window/Change event source.. . Then I get this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/audit-viewer/main_window.py", line 402, in __menu_change_event_source_activate
   self.__show_source_dialog()
File "/usr/local/share/audit-viewer/main_window.py", line 300, in __show_source_dialog
   self.source_dialog = SourceDialog(self.window, self.client)
File "/usr/local/share/audit-viewer/source_dialog.py", line 58, in __init__
   self.__source_log_with_rotated_toggled)
 File "/usr/local/share/audit-viewer/util.py", line 49, in connect_and_run
   handler()
File "/usr/local/share/audit-viewer/source_dialog.py", line 161, in __source_log_with_rotated_toggled
   self.source_log.set_active_iter(it)
TypeError: iter should be a GtkTreeIter

Perhaps I am don't understand how to use audit-viewer. Is there any tutorial or documentation somewhere that I could read?

Dan

Miloslav Trmac wrote:
Dan,
----- "Dan Gruhn" <Dan Gruhn groupw com> wrote:
I'm having problems running audit-viewer and it appears that I am
missing some packages like python-gtkextra, PyChart, and sexy-python. I
don't have them available on RHEL 5.2 (or 5.3 for that matter) and
have  been trying to compile them.
Oh, sorry about that - I completely forgot about the dependencies.

For libsexy, take the Fedora 10 package, remove the dependencies on hunspell-en and enchant.

For python-gtkextra and python-sexy rebuild the packages available in Fedora 10.

pychart is available in EPEL.
    Mirek

--
Dan Gruhn