audit-viewer

Miloslav Trmac mitr at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 21:07:29 UTC 2009

Hello,
----- "Dan Gruhn" <Dan.Gruhn at GroupW.com> wrote:
> You are right, the path was /usr/local/var/log/audit.  Once I recompiled
> with this change everything seems to be working.  Does this default of
> --prefix subree make sense in any situation?  I ask because perhaps a
> default of /var would more often produce the correct result.
I personally use a different prefix for development and installation without root privileges - but I could of course use an extra option for that.

In general, I don't think overriding localstatedir in audit-viewer is worth it.  It violates user's expectations about ./configure behavior, and autoconf doesn't offer a clean way to override it anyway.  After all, most users should (eventually) rely on their distribution to package audit-viewer for them.
    Mirek