Audit not recording the correct syscall return value in Fedora 10?

Tony Jones tonyj at suse.de
Tue May 5 19:34:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 03:20:52PM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 03:07:36 pm Tony Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 02:22:04PM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> > > I believe Matt Anderson (CC'd) reported the bug you are referring to and
> > > the workaround I posted seemed to fix the issue for him.  I've stopped
> > > looking
> >
> > I'll check it out, I see the commit:
> > 6d208da89aabee8502debe842832ca0ab298d16d
>
> Well, that commit does solve a return value problem on 64 bit systems but it
> isn't the workaround I was referring to ... the mail which I sent that started
> this thread (April 7, 2009) has a small patch to arch/x86/kernel/entry_64.S to
> load the return value directly from the stack and not %rax to workaround the
> corruption issue.

Sorry, my bad. I went back to grab the code snippet to check if it was in git
put pulled it from your earlier (Apr 1) thread by mistake. That said, I think
it's the issue I'm seeing on x86_64 but I'll try the calling sequence fix also.

So what is the status of the entry_64.S fix? Did discussion go beyond this list?

Apologies for the confusion.

Tony