audit-1.7.16 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Oct 17 15:55:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- If audisp-remote plugin has a queue at exit, use non-zero exit code
- In auditd, tell libev to stop processing a connection when idle timeout
- In auditd, tell libev to stop processing a connection when shutting down

This release fixes a bug introduced in the 1.7.15 release. The main problem was
that the idle timeout was not telling libev to stop processing the associated
socket when it closed an idle connection. Subsequent reconnects would go into
an error state and libev would immediately close the new connection. This
update fixes that problem. I also applied a patch from trunk that checks the
queue size on exit of audisp-remote to decide if it was successful or not.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.