Question - Rule Syntax

Bryan Jacobs bkj at builtbygeek.com
Thu Dec 22 21:19:34 UTC 2011

All,

New auditd list member here.  I just started playing around with auditd.
I was wondering if someone might be kind enough to answer a question I
have. I am attempting to create a rule that will audit privileged
commands for UID's greater than 500 but ignore one particular user that
falls under this rule.  The user I am trying to ignore is the only user
that should be touching the file.

Below is the rule.

#### BEGIN RULE SNIP ####

## Ensure auditd Collects Information on the Use of Privileged Commands

-a always,exit -F path=/opt/varonis1.6.0106/bin/ls -F perm=x -F
auid>=500 -F auid!=4294967295 -F auid!=505 -k privileged

#### END RULE SNIP ####

Is the rule syntax above correct?  If not how would I audit all users
with UID above 500 but still ignore one particular user?

Thank you and happy holidays,

--
BKJ

Virus Free -- Scanned By MailSecurity
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of BBG, Inc.