questions about auditing on a new RH 6 box

I have a new VM running RH 6 server. I put some audit.rules in place, and
now I notice that I am getting 11 MB of audit log entries every half hour.
This server has no users or services running. I am trying to use
audit-viewer to determine which of my rules is creating so much log traffic,
but I don't understand the output enough to be able to tell. The version of
audit is 2.0.4-1 (64 bit).

Is this the correct forum to ask this question?

If so, I can provide the audit rules and some of the logs.

---
Bill Tangren
IAM
U.S. Naval Observatory, Washington