Re: PATCH [1/1]: audit: acquire creds selectively to reduce atomic op overhead

Tony Jones <tonyj suse de> wrote:

> Agree. Also I believe it is safe to use tsk->cred directly as tsk == current
> or tsk is being created by copy_process.

You can't quite access it like that without sparse throwing a warning.  The
pointer is marked with an __rcu attribute, so you need to use something like
this:

	cred = rcu_dereference_check(tsk->cred, (tsk == current ||
						 called_from_copy_process());

David