audit-2.1 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 02:53:58 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 09:02:10 pm Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 18:04, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be
> > downloaded from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be
> > in rawhide
>
> > soon. The ChangeLog is:
>
> What versions of Red Hat/Fedora Linux would this work with? In case
> people were checking it out.

I compiled it for F14->rawhide and submitted updates for each. You can pick it out of
koji if you are in a hurry. I think it would even be viable for F13 if that were still
supported. In the RHEL world, this is aimed at RHEL 6.

I am doing a big sync of trunk with the 1.8 branch to pick up as many of these bug
fixes as possible for one last big maintenance push on the 1.8 branch. The 1.8 branch
is what RHEL 5 and other older OS uses. There should be a 1.8 release sometime soon
for these older OS that still use it. After this next 1.8 release, I will update
anything important on that branch. But distros should start thinking that branch is in
deep maintenance mode and move to something newer if the kernel is 2.6.31 or newer.
There may or may not be a 1.8.1 release. Time will tell.