Suppress messages from /var/log/audit.log via audit.rules

Worsham, Michael mworsham at SCIRES.COM
Tue Nov 8 14:38:38 UTC 2011

Thought you might like to know that I contacted DISA on this error and got a response:

Michael,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention it will be corrected in the final version of the STIG:

Action Description: GEN000460 :: INCORRECT AUDIT.RULES FINDING IN SRR SCRIPT FOR LINUX. ISSUE FOUND IN DRAFT RHEL 5 AS WELL, SEE ATTACHED EMAIL
AR Number: CSD-AR003085626
Assigned Group: CH-STIG-UNIX
Assigned Priority: 4
Assigned Technician: ADAMS, GARY
First Name: MICHAEL
Last Name: WORSHAM
Last Update User: ADAMSG
Zulu Date Time Out: 11/3/2011 18:05:53
Zulu Last Update Time: 11/7/2011 17:44:43

Gary Adams  CISSP, Security+
DISA FSO
HP Enterprise Services
COMM: 703-742-2929