Auditd Fails to start

I have a RH 5 system that I setup auditd on.  It works fine.  I then
cloned the RH 5 system using dd and on the new system auditd will not
start.  I don't see anything obvious that would cause this.  Here is the
output of auditd -f:

Config file /etc/audit/auditd.conf opened for parsing
log_file_parser called with: /var/log/audit/audit.log
log_format_parser called with: RAW
log_group_parser called with: root
priority_boost_parser called with: 4
flush_parser called with: INCREMENTAL
freq_parser called with: 20
num_logs_parser called with: 99
qos_parser called with: lossy
dispatch_parser called with: /sbin/audispd
name_format_parser called with: user
name_parser called with: lb.example.com
max_log_size_parser called with: 100
max_log_size_action_parser called with: ROTATE
space_left_parser called with: 500
space_action_parser called with: email
action_mail_acct_parser called with: john smith example com
The audit daemon is exiting.