linux auditd: Not getting log for chmod syscall

bharat gupta bharatguptagg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:52:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am using redhat 6, and trying to create logs for some system call using
the rule given below:

*-a always,exit -F arch=b64  -S chmod -S fchmod -S fchmodat -F auid>=500
 -F auid!=4294967295 -k perm_mod*

After running command chmod i was not able to get any log, but when i used
strace command i have seen that syscall have been called.
I also checked that auditd service is running properly.
May you guide me why i am not able to get any log message.
i also checked by writting rule for 32  bit, but problem still not resolved.

--
Bharat Gupta
IIT -Roorkee