Path ignored but syscall event still logged

Max Williams Max.Williams at betfair.com
Fri Jan 13 16:46:58 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. Yes and yes:

[root at host1 ~]# mount|grep ab
/dev/mapper/VolGroupCF00-abf_graph on /naab2 type ext4 (rw)
/dev/mapper/VolGroupCF01-abf_icff on /naab1 type ext4 (rw)

[root at host1 ~]# ll /|grep ab
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root               6 May  9  2011 ab1 -> /naab1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root root               6 May  9  2011 ab2 -> /naab2
drwxrwx---    5 root ab_users  4096 May 20  2011 naab1
drwxrwx---    6 root ab_users  4096 Jun 29  2011 naab2
[root at host1 ~]#

How does that affect the the rule, which was for the actual mount point, not the sym link?
LIST_RULES: exit,never dir=/naab1 (0x6) syscall=all

Cheers,
Max