Questions about --with-alpha and --with-armeb configure flags

Nathaniel Husted nhusted at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:00:56 UTC 2012

Steve is correct AFAIK regarding #2. I am unaware of the original meaning
for ARMEB, but functionality it must match the machine name returned by the
Linux Kernel. If --with-armeb is not used on ARM platforms, many audit
tools will return "Machine Type Not Found" or something similar. This has
been a little frustrating with ARM, because unlike X86/X86_64 machine
types, there are a slew of ARM types out there based on my experience. The
SVN currently has support for Qemu, most Android devices, and the Raspberry
Pi. Other ARM processors are trivial to add if you have the machine name.
This'll probably be needed upon the release of the armv8 64-bit processors.

Cheers,
Nathaniel Husted