Audit log file perms

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 20:09:41 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 02:34:36 PM John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP
wrote:
> Files have right permissions but the directory itself keeps reverting to
> root:root and 700.

The audit daemon does not change permissions on the directory. Its assumed the
admin takes care of that since you would set that up once and it should be
good for a while. The audit daemon just changes the files because it creates
them and rotates them.

-Steve