Rational behind RefuseManualStop=yes in auditd.service

Tony Jones tonyj at suse.de
Wed Dec 18 21:07:21 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 12:38 PM, Eric Paris wrote:

> He made the change in the upstream repo, because that's what you need
> for certification purposes.  Personally, I hate it, cause i don't give a
> hoot about that and would rather things to be consistent, but that's the
> rational.  A certifiable audit needs what he has in the repo.  If we
> ever get all of the credential data available to systemd it can be
> reverted...

This doesn't really make a lot of sense as a certifiable audit presumably also needs the local Fedora specific changes to systemd, which are not in the upstream systemd repo.   So I'd have thought the Fedora specific audit package was a perfectly suitable location for the audit changes rather than the main audit svn repo.

Anyhow, it is what it is.   We patched the changes out in our repo.

Tony