CD Burner Auditing

Satish Chandra Kilaru iam.kilaru at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:32:34 UTC 2014

One way is to watch for the main folder where /dev/sr0 is mounted. That way
everything under that is watched.
If an ISO is burned then we cannot know what is inside that ISO.

An alternative is to watch access to known sensitive files on the machine
(whose cd burner you want to watch). and known burning commands. That way
you know who is accessing sensitive content. If the same login session
generates events for these files and programs they might be burning
sensitive files.

Please Donate to www.wikipedia.org