Is zero a valid value for the pid member of the AUDIT_SIGNAL_INFO message?

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 16:28:27 UTC 2014

On 14/03/12, Steve Grubb wrote:

> > > The code has been working good for a long time. I am wondering if the
> > > original  intent was to make it general in case we decided to add more
> > > signals that we are interested in.
> >
> > Such as HUP to reread config or other possibilities?
>
> I think we started with sigterm. Then we needed sighup. Then needed usr1 &
> usr2. Somewhere along the way I think it was just decided to make it open
> ended in case more were needed later.

Currently, TERM, HUP, USR1 and USR2 but no others cause audit_sig_pid to be set.

Other signals only cause the target task to be added to the target list.

So what is the use case to send any other signal, causing the target to
only be added to the context target list?

> -Steve

- RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs <rbriggs at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Kernel Security, AMER ENG Base Operating Systems, Red Hat