User Account Lifecycle Auditing Specification

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 21:21:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

Recently I run across a problem where the events being sent by a program that
enrolls users and groups was found to be not sending the right events. Some of
the events were correct, some were wrong. In wanting to correct this problem
(and write verification suites later) I thought it might be nice to have some
specifications written up so that there is a common understanding that may be
referred to. This will allow correction of misbehaving programs and people to
better understand what this handful of events mean in a larger context.

The document was added to the audit project page. A direct link can be found
here:

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/user-account-lifecycle.txt

I would appreciate feedback and/or comments. I will also try to write up a
couple other areas that need some clarification in the near future.